For those of us who don’t have the time to escape to a spa for relaxation, these homemade face masks are a great solution for giving skin a boost. Even better, they are all made from completely non-toxic ingredients. To know more about how you can achieve glowing skin with simple concoctions that you can brew at home, keep reading.
1. Turmeric & Lemon face mask - brightening
- 3Tbsps ground oats - 1 Tbsp raw honey - 1/2 Tbsp turmeric - fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water.
2. Coffee & Mud face mask - anti dullness, inflammation, acne or eczema ☕
- 2 Tbsps cosmetic grade clay - 1Tbsp coffee grounds - 1Tbsp apple cider vinegar - 3 drops tea tree oil
Mix until forming a paste. Using your fingers, spread mask over your face or desired area. Let it set for 5 – 15 minutes or until the mask hardens.
3. Avocado & Banana face mask - moisturizing
- ½ avocado - ½ very ripe banana - 1 Tbsp olive oil - 3 drops essential oil (lavender or any other oil)
Mash ingredients and mix well. Rub avocado face mask all over your face, avoiding your eyes. Allow mixture to sit on your face for 10-15 minutes.