Basically, it's pretty much what it sounds like. You take a body brush and use it to gently massage your body. It improves the appearance of your skin and also makes your moisturiser more effective because it sloughs off dead skin at the same time.
How to do it
1. Before showering, enter the shower / bathtub to avoid dirtying the floor.
2. Start with the soles and move the brush fluidly from the toes to the heel for 5-10 times.
3. All brush movements should be directed towards the heart and repeatedly (5-10 times) for each body section before proceeding to the next.
4. Then from ankles to knees and from knees to hips (brush back and forth with a friction-like movement).
5. Move around the joints and hips using large circular motions.
6. Move in a clock-wise direction around the abdomen and make sure you are gentler with the sensitive areas of the body (chest and belly).
7. For arms, start with your hands and gradually go to your elbows, then to your shoulders and neck.
8. Avoid using the brush on the face. You want to be gentle with your face, use the Konjac Sponge instead.
9. After dry brushing, clean the shower / bathtub and then take a shower / hot bath to encourage sweating.
10. At the end of the shower, rinse with cold water to close the pores and energize your immune system.
11. Gently tap your body with the towel and applying any kind of oil you want. For the best results, try cold pressed virgin olive oil, coconut oil or sesame oil.
Dry brushing is recommended every 3-7 days or at least once a month. Listen to your body and make it feel good. If you feel that your skin is too sensitive, take a longer pause in between the brushes.