Face & Body Exfoliating KIT
BODY BRUSH SET FOR DRY SKIN
Treat your body as well as you treat your face
We have to admit, we are all looking for those products and methods to get rid of cellulite and make our skin look brighter and feel firmer. And celebrities are the best source of inspiration when it comes to body care.
It looks like a new trend is emerging - dry brushing. Celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Selena Gomez are already using this method. But what exactly does this type of exfoliation mean?
Although it seems like a new concept, it is a traditional ritual called “Garsham”, which is practiced in India. Exfoliation on dry skin helps eliminate toxins, and the fact that it is done on dry skin removes more dead cells.
Dry exfoliation activates microcirculation and gently removes dead cells from the surface of the skin. Thus, the skin regenerates and is ready to absorb all nutrients from oils, creams or moisturizing treatments.
Our skin is the most extensive organ for detoxification. “Garsham” or dry brushing is one of the easiest ways to encourage our body to clean naturally. It is a very simple technique and can be done easily before bathing or showering. With this technique, toxins are easily released from the body by masking the pores and preparing the body to sweat.
The benefits of dry brushing
Exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. This not only encourages detoxification, but also makes your skin look smooth, just like that of a baby.
Improves lifting drainage. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing toxins (cell excretion or cellular waste). Lymphatic tubes attract toxins from the tissues and transport them to the blood to be eliminated. Congestion of the lymphatic system can host a lot of health problems including inflammation and congestion.
Decrease congested pores. Dry brushing is one of the best methods of exfoliating. Removes dead skin cells, allowing pores to breathe and prevents toxin build-up.
Reduces cellulite. Cellulite is a build-up of toxins in fat cells. Dry brushing decomposes toxins and allows them to be flashed out of your system.
Relieve stress. If you do it correctly, dry brushing can be a form of meditation. It can also give you the impression of a light massage, a sense of care that calms your nerves, reduces muscle tension and calms your mind.
How to dry-brush:
1. Before showering, enter the shower / bathtub to avoid dirtying the floor.
2. Start with the soles and move the brush fluidly from the toes to the heel for 5-10 times.
3. All brush movements should be directed towards the heart and repeatedly (5-10 times) for each body section before proceeding to the next.
4. Then from ankles to knees and from knees to hips (brush back and forth with a friction-like movement).
5. Move around the joints and hips using large circular motions.
6. Move in a clock-wise direction around the abdomen and make sure you are gentler with the sensitive areas of the body (chest and belly).
7. For arms, start with your hands and gradually go to your elbows, then to your shoulders and neck.
8. Avoid using the brush on the face. You want to be gentle with your face, use the Konjac Sponge instead.
9. After dry brushing, clean the shower / bathtub and then take a shower / hot bath to encourage sweating.
10. At the end of the shower, rinse with cold water to close the pores and energize your immune system.
11. Gently tap your body with the towel and applying any kind of oil you want. For the best results, try cold pressed virgin olive oil, coconut oil or sesame oil.
Dry brushing is recommended every 3-7 days or at least once a month. Listen to your body and make it feel good. If you feel that your skin is too sensitive, take a longer pause in between the brushes.
At a subtle level, this dry brushing cleans your aura of impurities. On our skin there is a bunch of negative energy that is released through this process. So, do not think you will only help the physical body, but also the spiritual one, and you will see the benefits if you transform this ritual into a habit.
Choose the right brush for your needs
FIRM BOAR BRISTLES - Suitable for experienced dry body brushers, firm, stiff bristles, providing optimum exfoliation, stimulation and massage for the skin.
MEDIUM HORSE BRISTLES - Suitable for someone wanting extra stimulation, flexible bristle, great exfoliation. First time dry body brushers could also start with this level brush, because you only need to use light strokes for dry brushing.
SOFT FIBER BRISTLES - Suitable for gentle exfoliation and lymphatic drainage. Best for someone just new to dry body brushing, will still provide good stimulation. This is a great starting point until your skin gets used to dry brushing and then you can graduate to firmer brush bristles.